Beans and Potatoes

Monday, November 28, 2005

Mexicans On Ice

I have always been pretty damn clumsy, but I was especially so as a kid.  Not only did I grow so fast that my body could never get its equilibrium set, I was also a pretty fat kid.  Because of all this, I really never learned how to do a lot of things back then, so I've slowly been picking them up over the years - always in odd situations.  I learned how to ride a bike the summer after I graduated from high school.  I also learned how to ice skate in Mexico City.
 
What?  Oh, yeah, that was yesterday, by the way.  I've been ice skating a time or two before, but always failed miserably.  Yesterday, I actually got moving around - independent of the wall.  Much to my disappointment, there are plenty of Mexicans who know how to skate quite well.  And I think they were all at the rink yesterday, just to make me look bad.  Bastards.
 
Next up: skiing in Iowa, a state with no mountains.  Shortly followed by scuba diving in the Sudan.
 
Ten days 'til I arrive in Gringolandia.  Brace yourselves.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home