Beans and Potatoes

Monday, August 29, 2005

Las rutas, putas!

I leave for Mexico this Friday. For some reason, I'm feeling no anxiety; everybody back here seems like they'll be fairly well taken-care of in my absence. It's still difficult for me to believe that any of my roommates can survive without my sage guidance, but they seem to be managing. As long as Jon keeps filling the candy jar, I at least know that no one will starve.

I, on the other hand, am getting giddy at the mere thought of taking buses around Cuernavaca. Las rutas. Tomamos las rutas, muchachos. I need help; I don't deny this.

My newfound peace of mind unfortunately comes at a time when I probably should be freaking out a little bit, especially now that I've noticed that I forgot to take my online placement exam. I suspect this won't be too much of a problem, but everything becomes exponentially more ornery when foreign lands and foreign tongues get mixed in. Hey, I'm halfway to being a diplomat, right? If I can't handle this one little oversight, I probably won't make it too far in the Foreign Service. Right now, at least, I feel fairly unstoppable. I'm expecting a call from Condi any minute now. "Sure, I'll talk to Kim Jong Il. If you want, I could pop by Iran on my way over; no, it's no trouble, really." Um, right.

1 Comments:

  • I was sent from pranet Xiron to conquer the Earf / I had a twiffic pran - I thought it would work / I tried to get the Earfrings all to kill each other, y'see / But it all went wrong and now I must decree / You are worthress Arec Bardwin / You are worthress Arec Bardwin / You have faiwred in every way / and now my stock in you has fawren / Your career is stawrin' / and you're worthress Arec Bardwin / That's why I brew your head off / And your chirdren are all bawrin' / Pranet Xiron is inhabited with Xipods rike me / But arso with Balmacs who are giant bees / The Xipods and the Balmacs are at constant war / So we wanted a new home and that's what Earf was for / But you are worthress Arec Bardwin / You are worthress Arec Bardwin / You fucked up my whole plan / and now Xiron is smeared with Balmac porren / Your garbage needs some hawring / and you're worthress Arec Bardwin / Now I must return home a faiwrure / I'm afraid the pit of Cryrock is cawrin'.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/29/2005 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home